Sunday, April 7, 2013

Final Thoughts on the Winter 2013 Anime

Ongoing Anime:




Chihayafuru 2

Chihayafuru makes a sport that I once knew absolutely nothing about and makes it thrilling and extremely interesting. I'm especially fond of the characters in this series, and I'm looking forward to watching more of them.








Hetalia: The Beautiful World

It's a really shiny Hetalia series. I have to admit, I'm liking it quite a lot so far, but I still think that the first two Hetalia series were a bit funnier than this one. Still, it's nearly as enjoyable.







Uchuu Kyoudai

So, now that our main character has passed all of his exams and classes, he has to impress actual NASA astronauts in order to...I guess be a legitimate candidate to go into space? I'm not too sure, but he's continuing through this tedious process to achieve his childhood dream, one can't help but root for him.







Completed Anime:



Ai Mai Mi

The animation was shit, the characters were bland and annoying, and the comedy was either dull or didn't make any sense. This was probably the most painful two minutes of each week. 







AKB0048 Next Stage

The ending was kind of predictable on one end, but there were some unexpected developments mixed in. I liked this season slightly less than the last one because this one got really dramatic one minute, then completely ridiculous or weird the next. Still, it was a good enough watch. 






Amnesia

I had a feeling this show would end the way it did. Pissed me off with that. Also, was the heroine an idiot or something? The concept itself was good, the animation was good, and some of the guys were...er...interesting. It was OK, but it would have been better if the heroine had a personality... and wasn't retarded....






Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de

That last episode left more to be desired, I mean, the series was so utterly ridiculous, but I kind of enjoyed it because of that. Maybe there will be a sequel or a remake or an actual regular length TV series? I'd actually like that, this show was so bad is was kind of good.






Bakuman 3

Kinda sad that this was the final season of the Bakuman anime, but I think it ended the series really nicely. As always, the story was engrossing, and the characters are lovable. It's no wonder I like this series so much.







Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman

This show was really enjoyable at first, but after a while it just started getting really weird, and not the good kind of weird. What kind of historical anime has mechas and power rangers? What the hell was going on??? 







Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT

That ending was sort of unexpected. I definitely like this season more than the other seasons because I now have a character in this series that I really like (it's Rika and all of her perverted-ness and ever-changing hairstyles), and this season actually went somewhere when it came to the story. Definitely a great watch.






Cuticle Tantei Inaba

Strange thing about this anime was that when it wasn't desperately trying to be funny, it was a bit enjoyable. Also, Ogino is a boss, and probably what saved this show from a below-average rating.







GJ-bu

Why do people like this show? It bored the hell out of me. The characters were cheesy as hell, I don't know how many times I wanted to reach in and tape Mao's mouth shut, the comedy was bland, and some of the voices felt so awkward... But, enough ranting, at least the animation was cute, that much I can admit.






Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun

It didn't really have a legitimate ending, but there's gonna be a second season in the summer, so I guess it wasn't too much of a problem. I have issues with the lack of estrogen in the regular cast. My only hope, Hamaji, was shipped off to boarding school so that the fujoshi could fantasize about the pretty boys in peace. I don't know, that bugged me, but it's still a decent series, I'll probably also watch the sequel.




Ishida to Asakura

This series was another short series, and it looked bad, but it gave me an occasional chuckle. Still, it wasn't exactly good either, the animation was below-average at best, and the comedy was rather dull at times.








JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

The ending of this series was unexpectedly humorous, and also hinted at a possible sequel...? Well, if there is a sequel, I'll watch it, because this series was pretty good to watch. My only complaints are the first couple of episodes and the censorship of the gore.






Kotoura-san

This was definitely one of the best shows of the season, and, most definitely a huge surprise. I was expecting a simple comedy series and then I got all this drama! Well, there were some issues I had with the drastic personality change of Moritani, but other than that, this series was really good.






Little Busters!

Surprisingly not completely and utterly depressing, but with a second season confirmed, I think they're saving all of the REALLY sad stuff for then. But, this series was fun, so even if it does get sadder in the second season, I'll watch it.







Love Live! School Idol Project

This show ended alright, very interesting encouragement from the main character's friends, very interesting. It's slightly realistic when it comes to their difficulties at first, but later it gets too happy go lucky, then it gets really sad again, then happy again. It was like this show had mood swings, but it was fairly interesting to watch. I hated the CGI they used in the dance sequences, but other than that it was a pretty decent show.




Magi

Surprisingly good for a anime-original ending. Hopefully during the second season they'll maintain better quality animation, otherwise, I enjoyed this as an alternative version of Magi. Looking forward to more during the fall. Also, I think I fangasmed hearing Yuuichi Nakamura's and Akira Ishida's voices in the last episode, that was awesome!





Mangirl!

The comedy was a bit on the bland side, but the animation was really nice to look at, and the opening theme was so bad it was good, so I guess you could say I liked this show a bit, just a bit.







Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Meh..this show was kind of boring, and a bit cheesy too. The concept itself was good, and the characters were interesting too, I also may or may not have learned something, but it just lacked a certain...charm that I was expecting it to have.







Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?

This show was fun to watch, I liked how they had incorporated characters from common fairy tales into the series. Also, the whole "gift" concept was fairly interesting, and all of the "problem children" were pretty charming as well.







Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru

This series was really good, mostly because of Eita and Masuzu. They're definitely not your everyday love comedy cast. Even the other girls were interesting takes on typical character types found in romantic comedies. I can only hope for a sequel.








Psycho-Pass

This show really surprised me with the ending, I definitely did not expect that. This series was best when they had those suspenseful scenes, also, the backstories for some the characters were pretty interesting, I wish they would've done one for all of the characters. Overall, this was an excellent series, and I wish it was longer, just two episodes longer...





Puchimas!: Petit iDOLM@STER

It was a decent short series updated almost every single day. It made me chuckle a few times, and it was cool seeing the iDOLM@STER characters again, so overall it was a fairly good short series, nothing special though.







Robotics;Notes

This show got really cheesy toward the end, and I mean really cheesy. Also, the plot twist towards the end with the whole villain and everything was just so out of left field it was ridiculous. And what was with the antagonist's goal they had there, what was the purpose of that? Ugh...why did it have to go so downhill? It was really good in the beginning too...





Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

The ending was a bit cheesy, no, it was really cheesy, but it was still a great romantic comedy with a light touch of ecchi. Though, I could have cared less for the ecchi this series had.







Sasami-san@Ganbaranai

I heard quite a few people didn't like this series, but I loved it! I liked that this show was weird, I loved the characters and animation, and the story was actually quite interesting. I guess it's just a matter of taste, but I still don't understand why not too many people gave it a chance.






Senran Kagura

I don't know why this show tried to pull off a serious ending. I mean really, you spend the entire series shoving tits and ass in my face and want to be taken seriously? In what world did they think that would be a good idea?? Well, whatever, this show sucked, but I have to admit the cast was really good.






Shinsekai yori

This series had a beautiful ending, and quite frankly, one of the best endings to a series that I've seen in a long time. It was full of suspense, drama, plot-twists, and mysteries. I'm gonna miss this show, a lot.








Tamako Market

Adorable, to say the least. This was a nice dosage of gorgeous animation, comedy, and just a little bit of romance. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I really wish that there was more to the series.







Vividred Operation

A tale of friendship..with the addition of numerous ass shots per episode. Yeah, so it wasn't all that good. Himawari was an interesting character though, and I have to admit I did enjoy watching the whole character fusions or "docking" if you will. But aside from that, it was pretty much a time waster.






Yama no Susume

A cute short series about mountain climbing, probably the best short series out of all of the ones that I watched this season. It had good characters, really nice animation, and an actual story. It's a shame it was just a three minute per episode series, but, it was still a very enjoyable three minutes every week.






Zetsuen no Tempest

Another great series from Bones, they never cease to deliver. I enjoyed this series throughout the time that it was airing, but that ending felt a little bit too happy...I don't know, but it was still enjoyable overall.







No comments:

Post a Comment