Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Golden Boy Review (NSFW)

Golden Boy

Also known as the sexiest anime alive
Awhile back, I think I was watching another ecchi series at the time, I came across a comment (which was probably on youtube) that said "the only ecchi you need is Golden Boy." And after a day off from marathoning anime, I decided that I'd spend my Sunday watching Golden Boy. How was it? Well, read on to find out! 


Synopsis


Kintarou Oe doesn't look like it, but he is a genius who completed all his university courses and then quit before graduating. He becomes a wandering student, going from place to place on his bicycle, seeking to learn what he can about life, the world, and women. He is willing and able to do any job he has to prove himself. His travels take him to a variety of locations and a variety of women, each who learns to love the hardworking guy, but not before he can run off.



The Visuals


The visuals in this series are really good, especially considering that this series was made in the 90's. The backgrounds were nicely done, and the characters were great-looking. I think out of all the ecchi series I've seen, I think this series had the best-looking bodies.









The Soundtrack

It's strangely relaxing. You'd think an ecchi series would have really lively music, but most of the tracks in this series were really calming. It's like music you'd hear at a spa or something. The ending themes weren't all that good though.






The Characters


The only really prominent male character in this series is the main character, which is fine because the main character is manly enough to count for several men. The women in this series, with the exception of one, were all very interesting and attractive characters. I have to say, this series has a great cast.








Favorite Characters


Kintaro Oe

He's a total pervert, but also a complete and utter genius, managing to learn valuable skills within weeks, and dropping out of his university because he had already learned the entire curriculum. He travels the country on his bicycle finding new things to learn. The only problem with him is his whole women's toilet fetish...





Chie

Instead of chasing after Kintaro like the other women, she simply wishes they meet again, and gets on with her life, that's pretty much the main reason I like Chie. That and she works at an anime studio, and that is awesome.








Least Favorite Character


Reiko Terayama

She was first seen, and I am not making this up, humping her motorcycle. So, yeah, this chick disturbed the hell out of me. Also, she's a bit too snobby, but that's not as bad as humping a damn motorcycle.







The Story



A man travels around Japan learning new skills for the sake of learning, and meets a multitude of beautiful women and helps solve their problems, and they fall in love with him in the process. It's a relatively simple idea, but it was very well-executed. It is most definitely better than the ecchi series that have been coming out in recent years.








Overall

This is a fantastic series, with great comedy, interesting characters, and attractive fanservice. Even if you're not a big ecchi fan, I'd suggest watching this show for its story, because it's humorous and grabs your attention.

Story - 10/10
Characters - 9/10
Music - 8/10
Voice Acting - 8/10
Visuals - 9/10

Overall - 9/10


Another thing I'm Marathoning at the Moment


The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009)

I've only seen two episodes of the 2009 Haruhi series, and I think I started the first part of endless eight, not entirely sure, but it seems good so far, but knowing me, I might get extremely irritated watching pretty much the same episode over and over again.







The next review coming out will most likely be of the Haruhi series, I think I'm going to take a break from watching shoujo series for a little while, so whatever I watch next could be just about anything, whatever I feel like. Stay tuned for my next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment