Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Review

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge


Partying hard with all the sexy boys :P
This series has a decent-sized fanbase, and seeing as I'm currently marathoning shoujo series, I figured I give this one a shot. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting, and in this case, that's a good thing. 


Synopsis


Takano Kyohei, Oda Takenaga, Toyama, Yukinojo, and Morii Ranmaru are going to rent a house to go to school for free on the condition that they make the girl of the house a "lady". However, Nakahara Sunako, the girl living there, is gloomy, weird, and horror movie maniac. She has a trauma of when she was told she was ugly by the boy whom she loved when she was in junior high school. She doesn't like beautiful things and gets a nosebleed when she looks at something beautiful. 


The Visuals


They tried everything they could to make these boys pretty...
The result: they're too pretty! Disgustingly pretty! One of them blatantly looks like a girl! The girls in this series looked okay,but the male character designs were too much.The best things about the animation were the backgrounds, but they were just above average-looking backgrounds.







The Soundtrack


Unfortunately, I couldn't find a playlist for this soundtrack, but what I can say about it is that it was completely forgettable, there was nothing special about it. There was one good song in this series, and it was the first ending theme, everything else, forgettable and mediocre.



The Characters

This cast of characters is full of generic bishounen characters (the asshole, the girlish boy, the intelligent one, the flirt), and perhaps the (second) most hilarious heroine that has ever appeared in an anime. The generic characters didn't bother me much, but the background characters and the nameless characters were the ones that ended up annoying me the most.






Favorite Character


Sunako Nakahara

She's obsessed with horror, blood, gore, etc. and hates dazzling, beautiful, and "bright" things. She is, however, a great cook. Her character was, by far, the best in this series, because her character was so ridiculously exaggerated that it's hilarious. Whereas everyone else was either cliché or annoying.







Least Favorite Characters

The fangirls

Kill them with fire. They're so obsessed with the pretty boys they're scary, yes, scary. They trespass, make false accusations, damage property, blackmail, all of that stuff, all for the sake of seeing their pretty boys. That's where fandom has gone too far, way too far.



The Goth Loli Sisters

They're just as stalky as the fangirls, except these girls are slightly less ridiculous in their efforts to stalk the boys (though, they are still rather ridiculous). They did make me chuckle at some points, but the rest of the time they annoyed the crap out of me.





The Story

This is the story of four pretty boys turning an uber scary girl into a lady. She thinks she's ugly due to an incident when she confessed to a boy she liked in middle-school which left he scarred. This show has every single aspect about it ridiculously exaggerated, which makes it succeed as a comedy series. Though, I did have some issues with some of the situations they were found in (the whole pirate thing was just stupid), most of the series was consistently entertaining.




Overall

Because of this show's heavy exaggerations, it succeeded as a comedy series, but failed in any drama they tried to present the audience with. I did like the series, but it had several issues.


Story - 7/10
Characters - 6/10
Music - 5/10
Voice Acting - 7/10
Visuals - 5/10

Overall - 6/10


I probably would recommend this to anyone who likes exaggerated comedy, but if you like lots of drama in your anime, this is not the series for you.


Another thing I'm Marathoning at the Moment

Sora no Otoshimono

Definitely one of the funniest ecchi series I have ever seen, though a certain character pisses me off to a great degree. Still, this series provides a good laugh, nothing deep or anything like that.





So, that's my review for Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. I think I'll start watching a more popular shoujo series this weekend (I'm hooked now, in case you haven't noticed), though, I'm still thinking about which one.  I'll be finished with Sora no Otoshimono by Valentines Day, and after that, I'm not too sure as to what else I'll be watching. Nevertheless, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment