Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sora no Otoshimono Review

Sora no Otoshimono 

Sometimes I question my sanity for liking this series....



Synopsis

Sakurai Tomoki has been having the same strange dream since he was a child and would wake up in tears. Sugata, an upperclassman at his school, believes the dream to be of the new continent. Later that night, while waiting under the cherry trees for Sugata and his childhood friend, an angel called Ikaros comes flying down and his peaceful life changes from then on.



The Visuals

This series was nice to look at, I'd say appealing enough to make the fanservice good (when it wasn't censored), but there were some issues with proportions at times. The breasts are too large on certain characters and look really awkward, other than that, it's pretty good.





The Soundtrack

The music in this series was fairly good, not exactly anything notable, but definitely above-average quality. It fit well with the scenarios, but sometimes you don't even notice it's playing at all.





The Characters


This series had a decent cast of characters, I mean, though there were characters that applied to almost every character archetype (we were missing a glasses girl) in a harem series, but certain characters were extremely entertaining, while others were irritating to the point where I wanted to jump into the screen and punch them in the face repeatedly. Still, it was a decent cast.







Favorite Characters

Eishirou Sugata

He's epic, he lives by a stream in a forest, he fights bears and other wild animals and just does so much crazy random shit while he doesn't even have any powers. He's an embodiment of epicness, to say the least.






Mikako Satsukitane

She's evil and I love her for it. She starts up the craziest events, brings so much fun to the series. She likes to cause trouble, and though sometimes it may seem completely and totally unreasonable, it's still entertaining as hell. Honestly, without her, this series would have been a lot less fun.






Ikaros

She's so cuuutttteee! She's like a huge moe blob that can get almost anyone to coo over her, she's so cute! I can't simply put her cuteness into words she's just...d'awww...








Least Favorite Characters


Sohara Mitsuki

Perhaps one of the most frustrating anime characters I have ever seen in my life. She's totally a closet pervert, yet she beats on the main character for doing anything perverted and she obviously likes him, and she just ruins everything fun that happens in this series. But, of course, she's nice to everyone BESIDES the main character, who she likes, that makes sense.




Hiyori Kazane

I'm sorry, but she's a Mary-Sue if I've ever seen one, dear lord they made this girl wayyyy too perfect (in anime standards at least).  







Chaos

She's just creepy. The entire time she was on screen she made me itchy, like that feeling you have when you see a spider or something like that. I don't care how cute they're trying to make her, that smile that's almost always on her face makes creeps me out she's wayyy too creepy....






The Story


Boy meets cyborg angel thing, it tells boy that it is her master, boy is pervert, etc., etc. Boobs. If not for the excellent comedy, I would have hated it, I especially had issues when the show tried to be serious, I just had this feeling of "why?" whenever it tried to through in some drama ESPECIALLY in the movie, my god, the movie....
When it wasn't trying to be serious it was good, but when a show that shoves boobs or ass in your face tries to add drama...it fails in epic proportions.





Overall

It was a good series, when it didn't have drama in it, when it did it was just...bad...


Story - 5/10
Characters - 6/10
Music - 6/10
Voice Acting - 6/10
Visuals - 7/10

Overall - 6/10


I'm not too sure as to what I'm going to end up doing after this... I have to think for a bit to see if I still want to watch more shoujos along with random series, or start watching more popular stuff, or finish others I've already started, I'm not too sure what I'll be doing for the next few weekends, but if I can't make a decision by then, I'll start picking up the series I've had on hold for a while ( I kind of want to finish Clannad and Air Gear). Tune in next time!

1 comment:

  1. http://youtu.be/w6albSTOWzg To have a better perspective of it :3

    ReplyDelete