Thursday, November 8, 2012

Psycho-Pass Episode 5 - Nobody Knows Your Face

But..but...you never did
So this was the conclusion of the series' first story arc, and I must say, it concluded very nicely. This episode included the blood I missed so much and included something I've desired since the beginning of this series, a legit mindfuck scene.

Kind of creepy how when you're famous, people can easily do impressions or imitate your personality
With the mysteries of another internet idol and the discovery of another popping up, the team deduces who could possibly be such a big fan of all three of them that he could imitate them so well that they wouldn't arouse suspicion. Now, I think that, creepy as it is, that seems like something some (certainly not all) hardcore fans could achieve with their favorite celebrities or anime or game characters.

These sort of scenes make me think of a very sad perception of imaginary friends
I kind of pitied the villain in this episode, something about him just seemed so....lonely.
Like maybe he didn't have any real friends so all he could rely on was these avatars for comfort and friendship. However, since he was pretty damn crazy and chopping people up, I couldn't help but continue to root for the good guys as always.

Nightmare fuel
What really made me like this episode was the scene where the white-haired guy started messing with Mido's fantasy, and then started playing with his already damaged mind. That scene was extremely disturbing, and I loved every second of it.

Damn leg, why'd you have to block the gore? 
Well, I finally saw my long-awaited blood but not so much the actual gore, it censored it :T
Still, this was a really good episode, I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was thrilling, scary, and had me on the edge of my seat every minute.

Episode Rating: 9/10 This is the best episode since the first one, it concluded the arc, it had blood, and psychological torment, which I have long been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment