Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall 2012 Anime Watch List

So, with the fall season finally starting, a lot of good anime have come out. Of course, as always there's also a mix of really bad anime in there, but I basically rooted out what I want to watch, what I'll wait to watch, and what I will never watch. (the ONA series this season are terrible) So now, I will be sharing with you what I will be watching this season, and what my first impressions are of the series.

New Series:

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de

This show is basically a combination of all of the bad elements in anime I've seen this year. It's rushed, it has unnecessary and censored fanservice, and female characters that either quickly develop or were always slutty. What makes me question my sanity is my random desire to continue watching it. Though, I can tell you the only reason I'm still watching this is for the Nintendo characters.


Bakuman 3

Bakuman is one of my favorite anime, and seeing more of it is great. My only complaint is that I have to wait a week for every new episode, I can't wait for them! I'm liking the way things are developing, and something tells me it'll only get better.





Btooom!

I've watched three episodes of this series and it is awesome. I like the idea of their only weapon being bombs instead of the usual guns, swords, axes, etc. I'm also liking the characters, quite a unique set of different characters. The story is also really good, and I would definitely recommend it, just as long as you're okay with things like rape, blood, etc.




Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

I like this show, it's a romantic comedy about delusional people. Who open a club. That has to do with one of the girl's delusions. It's an interesting concept, and I definitely enjoy it. The characters are also pretty funny, seeing as one of them is formerly delusional, another two are completely bonkers, one of them just plays along, and two of them are seemingly normal. It's pretty interesting. I'm also enjoying the Lite episodes.
Code:Breaker

This show is good, I like it a lot. My problem is it's not really faithful to its source material. Even though I only read a few chapters of it, I could still easily tell this series was doing its own thing at several parts. It's good and all, but I think I'd prefer reading the manga.

Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You

I'm not really loving this new Hayate series to be honest. I mean, for one, this does seem to have a third season-ish setup to it, and another thing, it lacks something very important that the other two Hayate series had. What is it? NORIO WAKAMOTO. There's no more narration, which means no more Norio Wakamoto, which was a huge disappointment.



JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)

This show is hilarious. Problem; it's not supposed to be hilarious. It's just that it's REALLY rushed and extremely over-dramatic. The combination of the two just got me laughing so hard during the first episode. The second and third episodes weren't as bad, but it was still pretty rushed.




Jormungand: Perfect Order

This is just a continuation of the last season of Jormungand, more of the same, but it still manages to entertain. I'm liking the new developments, but reading some spoilers might have messed this series up for me. So, nothing will surprise me with this show.




K

This show was supposed to be amazing, but, it's good. Not amazing, just good. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it was still a bit disappointment, and Neko is very annoying and seems to turn anything serious into something stupid. Still, it is a decent series.




Kamisama Hajimemashita

I like the manga for this series, but I'm not really crazy about this anime adaptation. It's rushed (a frequent problem for anime this year), the music is terrible, and the colors used look like a washout of something that was once bright. Though the story progression is rushed, that is just about the best part of the series. It's gonna be short, though, so I'll keep watching.





Little Busters!

This is one of my favorites of the season. I've long been looking for a show where a group of friends hang out, with a touch of drama and romance. One thing that worries me though, this is an adaptation of a Key game. That means they'll probably kill off someone you really like because that's Key does. Still, I'm enjoying this series a lot.



Magi

I'm loving the anime adaptation of Magi. It rushes the beginning, but I have no problem with that, because the manga's first few chapters progressed really slow. I like most of the voice actors used, but I have really mixed feelings for Kaori Ishihara. Sometimes she sounds good, sometimes she sounds too feminine. That's my only problem with this series, other than that it's a perfect adaptation, and my favorite of the season.




Psycho-Pass

The first episode for this series was awesome, the second, not so much. However, this series is still very good. Though sometimes the main character seems like a Mary-Sue, it's still pretty good.





Robotics;Notes

This show is good and all, but I kind of want to have more characters around in the setting. Right now there is only the main girl and guy in the club, and so far three other characters have debuted, but have not yet joined the club. Hoping they join soon, because the atmosphere in the show is a bit lonely with just two of them.




Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

This show is cute, I could go without the ecchi element, but it's not bad ecchi, it's not censored. I like the characters, especially the main character (he rescues cats, and I love cats). This show is gonna have over twenty episodes, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.



Shinsekai yori

This show progressed a tab bit slow, but it's starting to go from creepy, to scary. I mean especially with the latest developments, I'm getting real scary. I also like the animation, and judging by the trailer, there will probably be a time skip at some point in the show. I'm enjoying this series, and it seems to be getting better with every episode.



Sukitte Ii na yo

Even though I couldn't really read through the manga without wanting to stop, the anime is surprisingly entertaining. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would, despite it having most clich├ęs that shoujo manga and anime have. I'm enjoying it, and I hope things move fast paced for this one, the manga was a bit too slow for me.



Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

This was another adaptation of a manga I'm reading, and I'm liking it. I can't help but feel things are a bit different from what I expected, but it's still a great adaptation. I do have a problem with it being only 13 episodes though.




Zetsuen no Tempest

This is another of my favorites of the season. It kind of reminds me of No.6 except without the boys love and all the dirt. The plot is really good, and I love the fantasy elements of this show. I don't know why, but I have a feeling Aika is alive, I may be wrong, but I can't help but get that feeling.







Ongoing Series from Previous Seasons:


Sword Art Online

The Sword Art Online arc has ended and they've moved on to the Alfheim Online arc, and I have say, it's pretty good. Though I'm not too fond of Kirito's sister having a crush on him, everything else seems to be moving along well so far. It did feel like the ending of the SAO arc was a bit rushed, though.








Uchuu Kyoudai

So the exams have finally concluded and Mutta is waiting with his parents to watch Hibito go off to the moon. Things are moving well for this series, Mutta still remaining the most interesting character of the series. 








So those are my thoughts of the fall anime season of this year. Stay tuned for my weekly reviews of Psycho-Pass and Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de! 

No comments:

Post a Comment