Sunday, September 30, 2012

REAL Magi Cast Announcement



While some of the seiyuu that were put down on the previous announcement were right, it turns out, a bunch of them were wrong, and the ones that were wrong were mostly ones that I liked. This new announcement was posted on animenewsnetwork, so it's definitely the real deal.
Now, let's compare the casts (the ones wrong will be highlighted) :

1st (Fake) Announcement:

Kaori Ishihara as Aladdin                        Nobuhiko Okamoto as Cassim

Takuma Terashima as Alibaba                 Aya Endo as Hakuei Ren

Aya Hirano as Morgiana                          Tetsuya Kakihara as Hakuryuu Ren

Katsuyuki Konishi as Sinbad                    Kana Hanazawa as Kougyoku Ren

Takahiro Sakurai as Ja’far                        Kishou Taniyama as Ugo

Hino Satoshi as Masrur                            Shibata Hidekatsu as Amon (?)

Hiroshi Kamiya as Judal

Cast Rating: 8/10


2nd (Real) Announcement:


Kaori Ishihara as Aladdin                        Yui Horie as Yamuraiha                 

Yuki Kaji as Alibaba                               Showtaro Morikubo as Sharrkan                             

Haruka Tomatsu as Morgiana                  Wataru Hatano as Spartos

Daisuke Ono as Sinbad                            Rumi Ookubo as Pisti 

Takahiro Sakurai as Ja’far                        Tomokazu Sugita as Drakon

Yoshimasa Hosoya as Masrur                   Keiji Fujiwara as Hinahoho

Ryohei Kimura as Judal                            Junichi Suwabe as Jamil

Jun Fukuyama as Cassim                          Toshiyuki Morikawa as Ugo

Nana Mizuki as Hakuei Ren                     Asami Seto as Seishun Lee

Kensho Ono as Hakuryuu Ren            

Kana Hanazawa as Kougyoku Ren


My Opinions on the Individual Cast Members:

Kaori Ishihara as Aladdin

Now this was one of the three that wasn't fake on the first announcement, and, as I stated before, since this is Kaori Ishihara's first role as a male character, I'm not sure of how she's gonna do. We'll know when the show finally airs.







Yuki Kaji as Alibaba

Okay, I'm gonna be completely honest here. I hate this choice. I hate it, it doesn't work at all, what were they thinking? I mean, Yuki Kaji is a great voice actor and all, but his voice, in my opinion, does not suit Alibaba one bit. If he were to alter his tone, maybe he'll do well, but, I just don't like this choice. I'll see his performance next week, but I kind of can't help but worry how this will come out.

Edit:
After watching the new trailer a couple of times, I think that Yuki Kaji may be able to pull it off. His tone in the trailer was definitely suitable for Alibaba, so I'm not against him being the actor any more. In fact, it looks like he'll do a good job.

Haruka Tomatsu as Morgiana

The thing about Haruka Tomatsu is that it seems like she could pull just about any roll off, and sometimes you wouldn't even know it's her. So, I guess you could say that I'm pleased with this choice of actress. I mean, she can do just about any role so I'm looking forward to this one.






Daisuke Ono as Sinbad

I was originally expecting them to pick Daisuke Ono as the voice for Sinbad, because, well, he always does the roles that fangirls squeal over. I was kind of hoping  that Katsuyuki Konishi would have been he real actor for him, this is a good choice too, but not as good as  Katsuyuki Konishi in my opinion.






Takahiro Sakurai as Ja’far

Another one of the three in the fake announcement that was actually right. I really don't have any particular feelings about this casting choice, we'll just have to wait and see how he does.








Yoshimasa Hosoya as Masrur

Thank God, I mean, this is such a huge relief. Wow, this was a good choice, they actually picked an actor that matches Masrur perfectly! I am ecstatic about this choice, and just from it not being Hino Satoshi, he wouldn't have suited the role at all.Yoshimasa Hosoya was a perfect choice for this role, absolutely perfect.





Ryohei Kimura as Judal

To be honest, after yesterday's blog post, I kind of had my doubts about Hiroshi Kamiya. I wasn't sure if he was as perfectly suited for the role as I had said. Now, with Ryohei Kimura, I kind of feel that he would do well as Judal. I could imagine his voice and Judal's character, they go together very well, so I'm pleased with this choice.





Jun Fukuyama as Cassim

Just like the fake casting of Nobuhiko Okamoto for some reason, Jun Fukuyama just works for this role. Looking at his previous roles (and damn, there's a bunch of good ones), he's definitely experienced and extremely capable of playing this role. This was a great choice.






Nana Mizuki as Hakuei Ren

I actually think Nana Mizuki is much more suited for the role as Hakuei than Aya Endo would have. Nana Mizuki can do both a gentle and a strong voice well, and Hakuei is one of those strong, yet gentle characters. I'm pretty happy they chose Nana Mizuki.






Kensho Ono as Hakuryuu Ren

I still stand by what I said about wanting Hakuryuu to be voiced by a woman, but, I kind of like this choice. Kensho Ono hasn't had very many roles, but, his role as Kuroko in Kuroko no Basket left me with a good impression of him. I'm interested in how he'll act out Hakuryuu, hopefully he'll do a good job.






Kana Hanazawa as Kougyoku Ren

This is the last of the three in the fake announcement that was actually right. Like I said before, it was kind of obvious Kana Hanazawa would be playing Kougyoku, and it's a very good choice.








Toshiyuki Morikawa as Ugo

I think this was a pretty good choice. Toshiyuki Morikawa is another one of those voice actors that seem to get roles of every kind, which means he's capable of doing just about anything. It'll be nice to have him as Ugo.







Yui Horie as Yamuraiha

Yui Horie was a perfect choice for Yamuraiha. Even though I didn't know whether or not the show was going to go up to the Sindria arc, I was kind of imagining that Yamuraiha, if she appeared in the anime, would probably be voiced by Yui Horie. I mean, it just suits the character, right?






Showtaro Morikubo as Sharrkan

This really was another perfect choice. Sharrkan seems like one of those kind of laid-back characters who turns out to be real great at fighting, and   Showtaro Morikubo was the perfect choice for this type of role. Showtaro Morikubo has had many great roles, and Sharrkan being voiced by him is something I'm looking forward to very much.





Wataru Hatano as Spartos

Can't say I have any particular thoughts about this role. Spartos doesn't really speak much in the manga, maybe they'll give him more lines in the anime...? Who knows. Wataru Hatano is a pretty good voice actor though, I'm sure he'll do a good job.






Rumi Ookubo as Pisti

I love this casting choice, this is just perfect. Although Rumi Ookubo has not had very many roles, she does have a voice that suits Pisti very well (for those of you who don't know, she voiced Chinatsu in Yuru Yuri). I'm sure she'll do well, but I wish Pisti had more lines.







Tomokazu Sugita as Drakon

I have to admit, I laughed when I saw this choice. It was just, I don't know, it was too good. I actually like this casting choice, though my first reaction to finding out was questionable. It's probably because Tomokazu Sugita voiced Gin in Gintama.







 Keiji Fujiwara as Hinahoho

This was yet another good choice for the cast. Keiji Fujiwara is really good at doing really manly voices, and Hinahoho (love that name), just by looking at him, you could tell that's the kind of voice he would have.







Asami Seto as Seishun Lee

I'm surprised this guy is being voiced by a woman and Hakuryuu isn't, very surprised. I do like the casting choice though, Asami Seto hasn't done very many roles as males, but I'm confident she'll do well.








Junichi Suwabe as Jamil

Another very good choice, Junichi Suwabe does well with just about every role he does, so he's a very good choice as Jamil, the first villain of Magi.










This cast is extremely good, they definitely did not disappoint.
This cast gets a rating of 9.5/10
It would have been a 10/10, but after seeing Kaori Ishihara as Aladdin...her pitch is a bit high

So, we can look forward to an excellent cast for Magi, the anime starts next week. I'm really happy about the casting for the Eight Generals, one because it means they're including the Sindria arc, and two they're casting is just amazing. I'm really looking forward to watching the anime, and I know it's gonna be good.

Also, here's a new trailer that was released today:

No comments:

Post a Comment