Saturday, September 8, 2012

More Info on Magi Anime Adaptation

So, some new info that Crunchyroll posted about the Magi anime adaptation. While it is great to get some new info about the anime I'm looking forward to the most this year, I still have quite a few things to say about it (don't worry, this isn't going to be a rant).



On a side note, look forward to lots of yaoi fangirls. The manga already has them, so they'll probably multiply by the hundreds or maybe even thousands after the anime comes out.

For any of those wondering, I am not one of those fangirls that ships yaoi pairings from series that do not actually have yaoi material in them. I do, however, ship them if something (something sexual ;D ) purposely happened between them in the series (like Akise and Yukiteru from Mirai Nikki).







Here's the link to the article:
Latest Song, Story and Visual Buzz on "Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic" Anime

So here are the new revelations about the show:


  • SID's V.I.P will be the anime's opening theme
  • The anime will adapt the manga up to the conclusion of the Balbadd Arc.
  • The introductory chapters early in the manga will be edited to hasten the pace, things will be rearranged and cut. But after that, the major arcs will be adaptated faithful to the manga - The Dungeon Arc, the Kouga Arc, and finally the Balbadd Arc.
  • Because of the latter half of the anime series will cover Alibaba's past, they consulted with the original author, and decided to introduce more foreshadowing elements in the earlier parts of the story to build his character.

  • The first episode will cover Aladdin and Alibaba's encounter and how they became friends, while the second episode will introduce Jamil and Morgiana into the picture.
  • The will be an anime-only character introduced at some point.


I have no issues with the singer for the opening theme, in which case, I'm just happy that they're using a good singer. I'd like to hear a preview of the song, but I guess that'll come out later.

With the anime definitely adapting up to the conclusion of the Balbadd Arc, there is really no confirmation about how long the series will run, but it'll probably be a twenty-something episode series.Who knows, maybe they'll do the same thing as Major or Bakuman which both got a bunch of twenty-episode seasons. There's still a little hope for a long-running series, just a little.

I don't have any problems with them hastening the pace for the first few chapters, when I first started reading the manga, I have to admit, I had trouble reading the first few chapters, they were a bit too slow. So, I have no problems with that.
They'll be doing a lot more focusing and foreshadowing with Alibaba, which I don't really have any particular feelings about, I'll need to see the actual effects of it on the anime to say anything.

Now, this is where I have a problem, the anime-original character. I'm just hoping that the character won't play too big a role, because if they do, it'll probably screw a few things up, or there'll be a filler arc. I hate filler arcs, so I'm hoping that they won't have one, or if they do, that it'll be really short.



So those are my thoughts about the new information on the show. Expect more updates from me whenever there's some more news on the Magi series. Oh and I'll probably review each episode of the series. I don't know if I'll do that with any of the other shows for the fall season, but I'll probably do it for Magi.

No comments:

Post a Comment