Friday, August 31, 2012

The Magi Anime Cast Guessing Game

So, I read on Crunchyroll a little earlier today that, for some reason, the cast of Magi will not be announced for another month. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I think the way they're going about this announcement is a little bit, just a little bit, ridiculous. I've been extremely curious about the anime cast every since I saw the first preview of it, I'm kind of a little bit frustrated with how they're giving you hints instead of just telling you the answer. Still, I'm much more satisfied with hints instead of nothing, but still. I don't quite see the point of making us wait like this.

The article can be found here:
Guess the Cast of the "Magi" Anime
You might see my comment in there by the way. 

Now, apparently the hints can be found on this poster, and judging by one of those silhouettes, there is a 90% chance that Rie Kugimiya, known as the queen of tsundere amongst voice actresses, will be in it. My guess is, that she'll probably be voicing Aladdin, because her voice wouldn't suit Morgiana at all in my opinion. I don't really like Rie Kugimiya to be honest, I don't necessarily dislike her either. Most of her roles she does this really squeaky voice, that I kind of find a little bit annoying. I did like it when she was Koto in Kyousogiga, and she didn't use the squeaky voice too much. So, if she is voicing Aladdin, she probably will be doing the not-so-squeaky tone of her voice, which I am very fond of. Everyone else, I have no idea about.

 Still crossing my fingers for some Norio Wakamoto in there though. He makes everything more epic. I think he would be perfect as the voice of Amon.

I also am still wishing for more of my favorites to be in the cast, like Yūichi Nakamura and Hiroshi Kamiya, who a certain commenter on the article said was definitely one of those silhouettes. (I really hope he's right) 

Regardless of who's in the cast, I'm still gonna watch it. I mean, it is the anime adaptation of my favorite manga, so of course I would watch it no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment