Saturday, August 25, 2012

2011 Anime Awards

So, since I've been marathoning a bunch of anime from last year, I thought "I should do a top ten," So, I'm gonna do one! However, I will also be giving anime certain award titles like best animation, best story, best voice cast, best characters, etc. Please keep it in mind that these are my opinions.

I will also have a separate entry for anime character awards for last year.

Top 20 Best Anime of 2011:

20) Nichijou
19) Guilty Crown
18) Persona 4
17) Sket Dance
16) Ao no Exorcist
15) Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
14) Chihayafuru
13) Usagi Drop
12) UN-GO
11) Mirai Nikki
10) Ano Hi Mita Hana no Name o Bokutachi wa Mada Shrianai
09) Hourou Musuko
08) Fractale
07) Bakuman 2
06) Hanasaku Iroha
05) Tiger & Bunny
04) Steins;Gate
03) Gosick
02) Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
01) Mawaru Penguindrum

Of course, there were many other anime that came out in 2011 that were also really good. 2011 was really a great year for anime.

Top 3 Worst Anime: 


3) Blood-C
2) Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000%
1) [C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

I literally couldn't think of more than 3 that I watched and actually hated.

The Awards



Best Story
Mawaru Penguindrum

This show had an incredibly engrossing story. There were crazy plot twists, comedy, a little bit of mystery, some romance, and by far some of the weirdest anime scenes that I have ever seen.



Runners Up: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Gosick, Steins;Gate, Tiger & Bunny, Hanasaku Iroha...






Best Animation
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

The animation style used in Madoka Magica is very distinctive and unique from other anime. It is beautiful, yet chaotic at the same time.

Runners Up: Hanasaku Iroha, Fractale, Gosick, Kamisama no Memochou









Best Voice Cast
Sket Dance

All of the voice actors in Sket Dance are familiar. You've heard them each at least once before. It even has some of my favorite voice actresses and actors.












Best Characters:
Mawaru Penguindrum

This show had by far the best set of characters I have ever seen. Each character had their own quirks, and then there were the more extreme characters who did (or at least tried to do) some really crazy shit.

Runners Up: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, Gosick, Steins;Gate, Tiger & Bunny, Hanasaku Iroha....







Best Comedy Anime
Sket Dance

This anime made me laugh so hard I cried, and it still does. It has some of the best comedy in anime I've ever seen.

Runners Up: Nichijou, A-Channel, Level E, Boku wa Tomodachi Sukinai, Yuru Yuri








Weirdest Anime

Mawaru Penguindrum

This show was so damn weird, it was epic. Even the art expressed how weird this show was. I mean, it was random, crazy, dark, it was the whole nine yards of weirdness.

Runners Up: Ben-To, Yuru Yuri








Best Slice of Life Anime
Hanasaku Iroha

This was a great slice of life series. I really felt like I was there with them, experiencing all of the fun times and hardships at the inn they all worked at. There were a lot of great slice of life shows in 2011, but this one by far tops them all, including Bakuman, which is one of my favorites.

Runners Up: Bakuman 2, Hourou Musuko, Usagi Drop, Working'!! 2







Best Romance Anime
Bakuman 2

Bakuman has a tendency to have a nice, balanced, non-cheesy romance to it. There really weren't any other series where the romance played a huge part in the series that were as good as Bakuman.

Runners Up: The World God Only Knows II







Best Fantasy Anime
Fractale

This show was an epic fantasy, it was kind of like a Ghibli movie the way it was put together. It was extremely entertaining.









Best Action Anime
Tiger & Bunny 

It's only natural that the show about superheroes would be the best action series. This show used CG for the battle scene animation, but I've never seen better usage of CG in my life. The main villains made for some of the best conflict, and the battles were great. It had you wondering "HOW will they survive this?"  The action was incredible, but you'll have to actually see it to know what I mean.

Runners Up: Persona 4, Mirai Nikki, Ao no Exorcist, Guilty CrownBeelzebub





Saddest Anime
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Name o Bokutachi wa Mada Shrianai

This show was quite the tear-jerker all of these characters have their own trauma, and you really feel their pain. It was definitely very, very sad.




Runner Up: 
Hotarubi no Mori e





Best Mystery Anime
Gosick

This show was a fantastic mystery series. It really kept you thinking, and each minor detail you see in the episodes seems to take part in a mystery. It was great.

Runner Up: UN-GO









Best Music Anime
The iDOLM@STER

This show was a pretty good music series, definitely above average. There really weren't any other music series in 2011 worth mentioning as far as I know.










Best Thriller Anime
 Mirai Nikki

This show always had me on the edge of my seat. I was always thinking about what could possibly happen whenever the main characters were stuck in these near death situations, and how would they be able to kill the other diary owners. It was insane, I loved it.

Runner Up: Deadman Wonderland







Best Sci-Fi Anime:

Steins;Gate

A show about a microwave that can make you time-travel is pretty damn awesome, okay? It also had it's weird moments, but overall it was too damn cool. Time-travel hasn't really been used very much in anime, so it was definitely unique. It was a superb series overall, and they had an awesome main character.

Runners Up: No.6, Level E







Best Horror Anime
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Those who haven't seen Madoka Magica are probably wondering why it's in best horror. Well, I don't want to spoil anything, so all I'm gonna say is that it was really scary at times.










Best Shounen-Ai Anime
No.6

It's some of the lightest shounen-ai you could find, but it was nice. This show had a magnificent plot, the shounen-ai was just part of it, really.










Best Shoujo-Ai Anime
Yuru Yuri

Yes, they're in middle school, but so what? They're cute, they're funny, and this was a pretty damn good shoujo-ai series one way or another.










Biggest Surprise


Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

No one was expecting this show to be what it was, no one. I was expecting just another mahou shoujo anime, but we got a lot more than that. We got a horrific, psychological, drama that is most definitely one of the greatest anime I have ever seen.

Runner Up: Chihayafuru







Best Sequel
Bakuman 2

Bakuman is really something, it really is. It's got perfect pacing, great characters, and is just overall awesome. This sequel continues the show perfectly, and I can't wait for season 3, to see even more of what Bakuman has to offer.

Runners Up: Working'!! 2, The World God Only Knows II







Best Ending
Gosick

This show had one of the most satisfying endings I have ever watched. It was epic, exciting, sad, and happy all at the same time. It was beautiful.

Runners Up: Hanasaku Iroha, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica









Most Disappointing
C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

I really shouldn't have expected much when I watched this, but I did, and then I felt like crap after watching it. Every single aspect of it was far below what I was expecting. The story, the characters, the animation, everything was just below-average. The only good point of this show is its music.

Runner Up: Yumekui Merry






Cheesiest Anime
Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000%

Wow this show was really cheesy, not even Norio Wakamoto could save this show. It was bad, it seemed guys would fall in love with this chick after spending just a day with her. It was bad, real bad.









Worst Animation
C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

CG, they used it, too much, it was so...bad...oh my god...











Worst Ending
Uta no Prince-sama - Maji Love 1000%

I felt trolled by this series, I really did. It was like aw...something bad happened...and then...IT WAS ALL A JOKE!!!!  IT TURNS OUT SOMETHING REALLY GREAT HAPPENED!!! And then, everyone's happy and stuff.... THE END.

No comments:

Post a Comment