Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer 2012 Watch List

So, after watching the first couple of episodes of several series, I've finally established my watch list. Unfortunately, Arve Rezzle and Blood Lad were either delayed or falsely announced, so needless to say I can not watch them. Anyway, here is my watch list for the summer 2012 anime season:

New Series:


Binbougami ga! - Humorous, silly, it's a fun watch

Campione! - Interesting action, and er...there's lots of kiss scenes, a little too many in fact.


Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - As I expected, this show is really weird. I mean, insanely weird. In the first episode I saw a wheat product committing a bloody suicide. What am I talking about? Why don't you go watch it and see for yourself :D


Joshiraku - It's a pretty simple comedy, but it does a good job at making me laugh. 


Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - There seems to be more than meets the eye with this series, it seems like a silly, romantic slice of life story, but there's more to it than that. Some weird drama is happening on the side, I just wish they would focus on it a bit more.


Kokoro Connect - It seems each character in this series has an individual story to tell. There's some drama going on behind the scenes of their happy go lucky school lives, and because of the body swapping situation they're each put in, they each become acquainted with each other's problems. It's really good, and I'm quite surprised at how good this show is.


Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - Surprisingly, this show isn't half bad, I'm kind of pissed at the mysterious sister for not revealing herself, and the developments seem to move a little bit too fast, but the comedy's good, the characters are good, and the drama is okay. There really isn't a reason for me to drop it.


La storia della Arcana Famiglia - Apart from the first episode, there hasn't been much action. There has been some drama though, and some general silliness. Hoping it gets better.


Moyashimon Returns - As expected, I'm learning about all the wonderful things microbes can do for Japanese cuisine. The microbes are also really cute, and the characters are all likable.


Natsuyuki Rendezvous - It's a beautiful romance series, a woman who can't let go of her lost husband, the spirit of her deceased husband who still clings to her desperately, and a man seeking the woman's companionship. It can be really sad at times, I've teared up watching this I don't know how many times.


Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 - I'm liking all the new drama that's taking place. Lan's brother seems like a jerk, and Villagulio (forgive me if the spellings not correct) seems like not too bad a guy this season. It can get silly at times, but it's a good watch.


Sword Art Online - Wow, this show is amazing. Beautiful animation, great characters, great action, and tear jerking drama. It is, perhaps, the best show of the season. 


Tari Tari - It's cute, I love the characters, and the music is really nice. Watching this always seems to put me in a good mood.

Yuru Yuri♪♪ - A good continuation of the first season, I love the new opening and ending themes.

Ongoing Series from Previous Seasons:


Accel World - Introducing the new antagonist really added to the show's epicness factor lol 

Eureka Seven AO - Crazy revelations, deaths, drama, wow, this show is getting better each week it seems.

Hyouka - The series, after all this time, has finally, FINALLY become more interesting, though it seems to lean more toward slice of life than mystery, that's fine by me, as long as it keeps me entertained.

Kuroko no Basket - The only sports show I can actually enjoy, it keeps me on the edge of my seat, and the characters are extremely likable.

Sket Dance - I already said how much I love this series and how much it makes me laugh, it's needless to say, I love it.

Uchuu Kyoudai - More drama, character development, and perhaps the best new opening song of the season, this show is making really great progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment